Dust & Rust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea Year 1

Go down

Chelsea Year 1 Empty Chelsea Year 1

Post by Chelsea St Mark Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 pm

It was a sunny Saturday morning in the tent city we set up around The Fuckin' Castle, during the first year after The Bomb.  Refugees and Ram Guard alike were taking the morning off after a long week of hard work, and the few TVs who were in residence met up to share some cereal and cartoons.

I was just getting to the good part:  “And there our heroes were - tied up, surrounded, about to be force fed to this gigantic ass monster - and I mean it, this thing was like a fangy shit chute to hell - but what the Jabbas didn’t know was that Chewie had a plan.  All he had to do was give the signal and all the heroes would blow that place to pieces.“

“Way I remember it, it was the Skywalker that had a plan.”  

The interruption came from a smarmy looking sonuvabitch by the name of Arkham, a recent arrival to the Castle.

“It was one of the first moments where we see how dark Hamill could be,” Arkham droned. “When he delivers his final ultimatum to The Jabbas, there are definitely shades of Joker.“

“First of all fuck you, don’t interrupt Cartoons you SAGgy pocket of bile,” I said.  “Also the moment that you described does not sound very joking.”

“Of course not - Hamill’s Joker is menacing, he only uses humor to underline the evil of the character.  It just goes to show how he brings darkness out in the Skywalker.”  Arkham pauses for a second, and then continued as if he was just faced with the impossible, “Wait.  Are you saying you don’t know the Joker?  The foil for The Batman and Robin?  How do you even..?”

I even’d, but I’d never heard of The Bat man - boy did that sound up my alley though.  I pulled out my sluggerville and gestured “Bat Man?  There’s a script about a guy who hits jokers with bats?  Sounds like my kind of protag.”

Arkham looked constipated, but that wasn’t anything new.  “No that’s not…  You know what?  Let me start at the beginning.  I think you are going to want to hear about this script.”

I hate to admit it, but he was right.  The script Arkham laid out to me that morning was one of the most compelling tales that I’d ever heard, and we just scratched the surface.  Maybe it was time for a new approach to this whole sidekick gig...

Chelsea St Mark

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum